Electronic Engineering Data Management
DS-CR: Manage PCB data and workflow
DS-CR is designed specifically for electronic design and manufacturing engineers to provide them with current, validated CAD component libraries, schematic and PCB layout data and material information to:
- Manage and consolidate material information and parts lists in a controlled release and revision process
- Manage tasks and workflows for change and approval processes
- Support intelligent design configuration and reuse through module management.
DS-CR offers a reliable source of information for all product development and change activities.
Watch how Zuken can streamline your data and workflow management
Direct integration increases productivity
DS-CR integrates directly into Zuken’s CR-8000 suite for 2D/3D multi-board PCB design, so engineers do not need to leave their CAD application to carry out everyday tasks. Engineers can increase their productivity by reducing the number of individual applications and user interfaces they use.
Work-in-progress data is managed within the respective engineering discipline, then synchronized with cross-discipline PLM and ERP systems. This approach, known as ‘domain data management’ offers significant productivity benefits.
With its specific focus on the requirements of PCB design, DS-CR provides an important extension to installed PLM environments, which are typically optimized to handle mechanical data structures and engineering methodologies. DS-CR can be integrated with existing enterprise PLM environments thanks its object-oriented architecture.
Zuken’s DS-CR (formerly DS-2) data management software offered everything we needed. As the Surface™ portfolio of products grew, data management for electrical design became an increasingly critical element of our process, and we were excited about the opportunity DS-CR provides to better integrate supply chain optimization directly into design decisions right at the engineer’s desktop. We are in the second phase of deployment managing our component library, and so far we are very pleased with the results.
Erik von Fuchs - Director of Engineering, Surface Products, Microsoft Corporation
Zuken’s electronic (DS-CR) and electrical (DS-E3) data and workflow management tools share a common platform for capabilities common to both disciplines.
Functional areas within DS-CR
EDA Library Master (ELM): manage all symbols, footprints and specifications required for the PCB design process.
- Component Master (CM): a single-source environment for all component information within the engineering process. Component Master consolidates ECAD Library items with material information (typically managed in an ERP environment).
- Engineering Desktop (EDT): provides CR-8000 design data and related documents in a controlled environment, with comprehensive access control, revision management and analysis functionality. This includes simulation data, footprints, parts lists, and CAM data.
- Component List Master (CLM): used to generate accurate BOMs that combine all associated schematic and PCB data, component information, documents and drawings.
- PDM Connector: DS-2 has been designed to enhance existing PLM systems – not to replace them. In a typical scenario, DS-2 is used to manage work-in-progress design data. DS-2 can integrate with all major PLM and ERP systems and provides SOA-based "plug & play" connectors; in addition, generic integration APIs are available for other third party systems.