Tech Tip: Generating Where-used Reports in DS-CR (formerly known as DS-2)
One of the more powerful capabilities of a good data management system such as DS-CR (formerly known as DS-2) is searching and the ability to generate reports. A great example is the ability to generate Where-used information. These types of reports are extremely useful when performing impact assessments where:
- There are procurement issues with a part and you need to know what designs will be impacted.
- The assembly house is recommending that a footprint be modified to improve yield. What parts and designs are affected?
The ability to perform relationship searches in DS-CR is the key to obtaining and reporting this type of information. DS-CR has many relationships between the data objects that it manages. Some interesting key relationships are:
- Between a footprint and its part number
- Between a DS-CR BOM and its schematic and board
- Between a part placed in a design, its footprint and a DS-CR BOM
It is relationships such as this that allow you create relationship searches that can produce very useful and detailed where-used reports.
Zukens DS-2 ist eine ausgereifte, interdisziplinäre Engineering-Datenmanagement Plattform, die in Zusammenarbeit mit mehr als 3.000 führenden Unternehmen weltweit entwickelt wurde.
PCB Designdaten-Management. Standortübergreifende Verwaltung von Bibliotheken, Designdaten und Konfigurationen in einer einheitlichen Umgebung