Define the manufacturing length of any segment in full-scale drawings
Wire Harness Manufacturing Software
Harness Builder for E3.series
Harness Builder for E3.series is an integrated module that is purpose-built for harness manufacturers. It enables wire harness manufacturers Harness Builder for E3.series enables wire harness manufacturers to create accurate quotations and comprehensive manufacturing documents, and to drive wire preparation, assembly and testing machines.
Generate bills of materials (BOM), cost estimates and production schedules
Communicate with wire processing, and automated assembly machines
Automate manufacturing documentation and testing
Wire Harness Builder functionality overview
Harness Builder for E3.series comes with a comprehensive set of component libraries containing thousands of components. The parts information stored in the library helps the user to select and match wire sizing and optimize terminal selection.
- Automatically generate connector tables containing manufacturing and displayed wire lengths.
- Calculate bundle diameters and select labels, sleeves, and cable protection from the library
- Apply logical stretching and compression routines-
- Intelligently manipulate harness branches with dedicated easy to use tools.
Harness Builder for E3.series automates time consuming task of generating quotations and cost estimates.
- Select and place connectors, terminals, wires, and cables and have Harness Builder for E3.series deliver a detailed documented list for design time
- Highlight long lead-time items to identify potential project completion bottlencks
- Export a comprehensive user-defined quotation for the total cost to build.
- Manage the complete build inventory by attaching stockroom location tooling requirements is to the parts.
Harness Builder automatically generates a complete bill of materials (BOM) driven by E3.series project data.
- Track and update components, wires, cable, looming parts, labels, splices, and other miscellaneous parts.
- Associate additional parts to the connectors and add them to the BOM without having to search through supplier documentation for part numbers.
- Hyperlink elements in the BOM to PDF documents for information about sizing and terminal insertion.
- Format and configure the representation of the BOM on your drawing sheet according to your company’s requirements using a user-defined excel template.
- Create accurate lists of wires, cables, labels, and loom based on wire length.
- Take advantage of permanent links between the BOM and wire reports to ensure correct wire length and termination details.
Harness Builder for E3.series recognizes splicing and welding as an integral part of the harness and manufacture creation.
- Create direct outputs including barcodes for ultrasonic welders.
- Create detailed information for left and right side welding.
- Select the correct size heat-shrink for the fabricated weld.
Harness Builder for E3.series offers a large choice of export and import options for wire harness designs
- Export to wire cutting and labeling machines from such vendors as Komax, Schleuniger, and Argus.
- Print labels on all popular label machines such as Brady, Brother and Hewlett Packard. AdditionaOutput user format is easy to create and deploy.
- In addition, various laser marking, labeling and other automated printing options are available to assist the production process.
- Production assembly aids, such as Projection Works, can be driven directly from the assembly of the wiring harnesses design data.
Advanced harness documentation and testing options provide an easy path to improve quality and save time.
- Import parts, wires, and cables into your documentation directly from the wiring list and the component library.
- Take advantage of options for automated label positioning, wire protection sizing, and ribbon positioning to further improve the production quality of the cabling documentation.
- Drive harness testing machines directly from the design data. Export options include Cirris, DIT-MCO, Dynalabs, CamiResearch, and Cable Scan
In this webinar, we will introduce the innovative capabilities of our augmented reality solution to drive a dynamic design-to-manufacturing process. You will learn how to simplify the wire harness assembly process by digitally overlaying step-by-step instructions directly onto the harness board.
We are closer than ever to a perfect design-to-manufacturing solution for simple and complex harnesses alike. In fact, the Harness Builder 2020 for E3.series release has more than 15 significant enhancements.
The 2020 release of Harness Builder for E3.series is more than exciting, it is outright amazing. There are more than 15 major updates all across the toolset. New features include automation, reporting, and documentation options. Furthermore, the new downstream manufacturing, testing, and visualization connections are groundbreaking. I will cover our favorite 2020 updates in this two-part blog series.
This video is a demonstration of how to import a wire to-from list in harness builder. This feature allows the user to define connection information such as signals, the to/from devices, cavity information, and the wires/cables in Excel to import into an E3.series project.