How to Improve Flexible Printed Circuit Manufacturing (PCB West Interview)
Note: This post originally appeared in Sierra Circuits’ blog. Read it here.
Sierra met Steve Watt, Manager of PCB Engineering at Zuken, during PCB West 2017 at the Santa Clara Convention Center. After his presentation on how to improve flexible printed circuit manufacturing, he shared a few tips in front of our camera. Listen to him discuss CR-8000, DfM checks, and flexible PCB designing.
Here are the questions Steve was asked:
- 0:05 Can you discuss CR-8000 and how does it handle DfM checks?
- 2:00 What should designers keep in mind when designing flexible PCBs?
- 3:23 What are the special DfM checks you recommend for flex PCBs?
- 4:34 Why do customers choose Zuken?
Sierra also interviewed Humair Mandavia, Zuken’s chief strategy officer, and Simon Fried, Nano Dimension’s CBO, who were on hand to announce their companies’ partnership. If you’re interested in 3D printing technologies, this interview is for you!
Here are the questions that Humair and Simon were asked:
- 0:05 Can you discuss Zuken and Nano Dimension’s partnership?
- 1:26 Can you explain what is Design Force?
- 1:47 What kind of PCBs can you print with Dragonfly?
- 3:10 What is the DFM Inkjet module and how does it work?
- 3:37 Are you working on other 3D printing technologies?
If you’ve tracked some of the hot topics in engineering over the last year, you’re likely very aware of 3D printing or additive manufacturing. This method lays down successive layers of plastic or metallic material that then fuses them together. Over time, those successive layers add up to make fully formed components...
CR-8000 Design Force is the fastest, most effective PCB design solution available today. Design Force enables design teams to layout and verify their designs in the context of a complete system or product.
CR-8000 is a System-Level PCB & IC Package Design software including 3D Multi-board, Analysis and MCAD Integration
During PCB West Exhibition Day, Sierra Circuits met Humair Mandavia, Chief Strategy Officer at Zuken. After his joint interview with Simon Fried, CBO of Nano Dimension, we discussed 3D PCB designing, and Zuken’s product, CR-8000 with him.