E3.Harness Flattening – Fully integrated electrical and mechanical harness design
Zuken’s E3.series is used for documenting and detailing electrical and fluid design projects. Its flexibility supports the entire process from definition and design, through manufacturing and maintenance. A unique object-oriented architecture ensures all stages of the design are fully synchronized.
E3.Harness Flattening tool enables users to flatten 3D geometric harness data exported from supported MCAD systems. It prepares the flattened harness structure for import into E3.formboard where the manufacturing detail can be completed.
MCAD systems enable mechanical engineers to model their products in 3D. For full digital mockup, harnesses designed in E3.series are routed in the chosen MCAD system.
The E3.3DRoutingBridge transfers to-from connection data and connector information from E3.series to your chosen MCAD system. Once transferred, harnesses can be routed in the mechanical assembly.
NOTE: Only geometric bundle data is required in the MCAD system, thus avoiding any performance issues when working with wires. Therefore, only connector information need be transferred using E3.3DRouting Bridge.
Special functionalities in E3.Harness Flattening
- Electrical and mechanical collaboration
- Import 3D geometric data
- Automatic and manual harness backbone selection
- Automatic flattening of 3D harnesses
- Supports cable clips and protection
- Supports splices
- No wires required in MCAD system
- Automatic formboard creation
- Dynamic links from formboard and schematic
- Manufacturing reports, wire lists, bill-of-materials