CR-8000 System Planner
System Planner – System-level Design Planning
System Planner is a system-level design environment for initial planning and partitioning of electronics systems. It enables engineers to optimize form, fit and function of single and multi-board systems, maximizing design reuse and eliminating the need to reenter up-front planning data into the design tools during detailed design. It is the starting point for concept and design creation, linking through to detailed design, enabling engineers and designers to smoothly flow through the design process reusing, sharing and synchronizing design data.
For many years, the PCB industry has needed a solution that provides a system-level design planning solution flowing seamlessly into the design stream. This is
the first time that a software solution has fully realized this vision.
Top benefits and features
- Improve design cycle times with initial planning and downstream tool integration
- Easy drag-and-drop association of logical and physical circuits to save time with design reuse
- Access library of reuse block circuits for faster functional block design and reduce effort during detailed circuit design
- Promotes collaboration between disciplines enabling intelligent real-time trade-off analysis
- Reduce the size and/or number of PCBs by optimizing floor plans and partitioning between PCBs in the system
- Conduct multi-board SI simulation for upfront verification of signal quality issues and determine optimal termination and topology rules
- Early verification of 3D spacing requirements with interference checks and measurement tools
- Integration with ECAD library for accurate floorplanning with exact footprint shapes and part list creation
- Bidirectional exchange of STEP and IDF to 3D MCAD systems to share enclosures and complete system assemblies