Wire Harness Design Automation Basics 2
This webinar follows our first webinar “Wire / Harness Design Automation Basics I” where we have seen the logical part of the design process. Now we will look at the physical part of the wire harness design process.
Starting with the logical information from the wiring diagram and topology design, we transfer the harness data to mechanical engineering. There we do the routing of the harness in the original 3D-Environment. The next step in the design process is to convert the 3D harness into 2D and generate a scale 1:1 formboard.
For those who have no data from E3.series available, we will show how to create a formboard from scratch or using EXCEL files (bill of material and connection list). When the formboard is ready we will generate the information for manufacturing and service. At the end of the webinar, you will see how changes in the project are identified, managed, and documented.
What you’ll learn:
- How to export harness information to 3D-MCAD
- How to convert a 3D harness to 2D
- How to import a 2D harness and generate a formboard automatically
- Creating a formboard based on a bill of material and a connection list
- How to start directly at the formboard
- Generate data for the harness manufacturing How to identify and document modifications
Who should watch:
- Design engineers
- Engineering managers
- Product managers
- Customer service professionals
- Service providers
- Harness manufacturers
Digital Engineering requires a model-based design process that begins in Systems Engineering. Zuken acquired Vitech Corporation, a leader in Systems Engineering practices and MBSE solutions, with the intent of implementing an E/E model-based design process.
This webinar will discuss the challenges and best practices of creating a model for the purpose of wire harness and Electronic Control Units (ECU’s) implementation.