Report: Design Data Management
An industry survey conducted by the research and analyst firm techconsult
A survey of 163 companies in Germany, Austria and Switzerland about the challenges and methods applied to the design and management of electrical and electronic systems and assemblies.
- What are the requirements of development engineers in the field of electrical and electronic engineering?
- What are the challenges that need to be mastered in the context of data management?
- What is are the potential benefits to ECAD tools in having integrated data management capabilities?
“With challenges for engineering departments expected to grow further, there is a need for solutions capable of supporting engineering teams to perform their tasks efficiently, making processes more efficient.”
The report will discuss
- Challenges in the engineering environment
- How companies are managing their design data today
- Time spent on administrative engineering activities
- Problems faced in the design process
- Consequences of data-related design issues
- Requirements for design tools
- Opportunities afforded by integrating ECAD with Data Management