Application Engineer – eCADSTAR Services (f/m/d)
At Zuken, we believe that to solve the biggest problems, you need the highest quality tools and that the people that work for Zuken are key to achieving this.
Electronics are found in almost every device, and companies need high quality, professional software to help them create their products. Since 1976, Zuken has been doing exactly that – helping them create a vast array of devices from Formula 1 cars, satellites and planes to games consoles and smartphones. Indeed, it is very likely that you already own devices that have been designed with Zuken software.
Zuken applies the same quality criteria to our solutions across the whole spectrum of Electronic Design world-wide.
With CR-8000 and eCADSTAR, we are excited to be working on the next generation of Electronic Design Automation. One that combines the power of modern applications (2D, 3D, multi-core, 64 bit) and the flexibility of the internet. By taking advantage of information updated in real-time designers can create boards with confidence that they will work first-time.
To continue our quest to deliver the best design experience for our customers we need enthusiastic Application Engineers to join our team and help develop the future of EDA. They need to understand quality, have an eye for detail, and a flair for innovation.
We require an Application Engineer to join the eCADSTAR Services Team at the Zuken Technology Centre, based at the Aztec West Business Park, North Bristol. The successful candidate will have responsibility for assisting in future software application development and the creation of supporting material for the Zuken product eCADSTAR.
The Application Engineer role involves the following activities:
- The development and maintenance of training courses suitable for delivery to Zuken offices and eCADSTAR resellers and customers where required. This may also entail the delivery of these training courses in a classroom environment or online sessions.
- The creation of stepped training datasets to align with the developed training material.
- The creation of training style videos to complement the training material and for embedding ‘How To’ processes into the online documentation.
- The development and creation of other suitable guides and data set solutions to assist users in the operation of the eCADSTAR products.
- Supporting and providing the support and development teams on evaluation and user-based feedback on the eCADSTAR functionality, using knowledge of the PCB design and manufacturing processes.
- Supporting and providing the support and development teams with aspects of testing new and existing features developed within the eCADSTAR products.
- Supporting and providing the support, the development teams, and resellers with product support through Zuken’s integral web based hotline system.
- Experience of designing a PCB using CAD software.
- Good knowledge of the PCB design/manufacture process.
- Good presentation skills to deliver to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to communicate at all levels both within the Zuken organisation and with customers, written and verbal.
- Ability to provide accurate and professional feedback where attention to detail is essential.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows based OS.
- Ability to work unsupervised and under own initiative.
- Enthusiastic, versatile and self-motivated.
- The ability to fit well into a team.
- Experience of Microsoft Office.
- Bachelor’s Degree Electronic Engineering or HNC/HND with an industry recognised qualification such as CID.
- Experience of the CADSTAR, eCADSTAR, CR-5000, or CR-8000 design solution.
- Experience of competitor design solutions for PCB design creation.
- Appreciation of high-speed design issues including signal integrity.
- Creation of material suitable for delivery as web based subject matter.
- Electronic design experience.
- Experience of video creation and editing.
- Experience of eLearning creation and publishing applications.
- Experience of Learning Management Systems.
- CID+ qualification.
Culture & benefits
We value diversity in our workforce, we know diversity brings a greater variety of ideas, perspectives and experiences to the workplace.
Additionally, we can offer the following benefits:
- 27 days annual leave per annum (plus all public holidays)
- Additional days are added for long service
- A mix of on-site / home working
- Flexible Working Hours
- 5 hours worked over 5 day period, exclusive of a 45-minute lunch break each day
- With core hours and flexible start and end times
- Flexible Friday scheme
- Defined contribution Pension Scheme
- 8% employer contribution and 4% employee
- Include PHI (Permanent Health Insurance)
- Flexible retirement options
- Company bonus scheme (subject to qualifying criteria and achieving agreed objectives)
Zuken is an equal opportunity employer