Engineering Newcomer Challenge 2022
Zuken is sponsoring the Engineering Newcomer Challenge – a design challenge where future engineers can submit their designs to win prizes. The design competition is hosted by Cadenas, norelem Normelemente, the BAK School of Technology, Mdesign, Tenado, and by us. In addition to submissions of mechanical designs, we would particularly like to encourage electrical designs through our sponsorship.
Students of technical fields at a university, technical school, or university of applied sciences have the chance to prove their expertise and creativity and to showcase designs and product ideas developed as part of their studies. The challenge is open internationally.
Together with the Engineering Newcomer award, cash prizes of 2,000 euros for first place, 1,000 euros for second place, and 500 euros for third place are also granted. This means that the award not only pays off financially but can also without a doubt jump-start your career.
Free E3.series Student Licence
We offer all participants who would like to join the competition with an electrical design the possibility to use free student licenses of our ECAD system E3.series.
You can create the following design projects with E3.series:
- circuit diagrams
- cable diagrams
- 3D control cabinet designs
- True to scale production drawings for wire harnesses
Register for the free E3.series Student Licence
Joachim Frank, Managing Director of Zuken E3 GmbH, will join the expert jury this year. “As a team of engineers, we have always maintained contact with universities and students. We passionately support numerous Formula Student teams with our software E3.series. Therefore, I am especially looking forward to the Engineering Newcomer Challenge 2022 coupled with the many exciting projects!”, he comments.
You can upload your projects until the deadline of 31.07.2022.
How to enter the challenge
- You sign up via the registration form for the Engineering Newcomer 2022 under www.engineering-newcomer.com
- The access data to the cloud and all necessary information will be sent to you by email.
- You create your project work, e.g. in the context of a student research project, including project description.
- You upload your project information to the cloud by July 31, 2022. Get extra points and upload your design as CAD & STEP file to PARTcloud.net in the category “Challenges/Engineering Newcomer 2022”.
Best of luck to all participants!