Zuken Connects Electronics Engineering to Dassault Systèmes’ 3DEXPERIENCE Platform
New V6 Community Membership agreement paves the way for end-to-end electronic system design and manufacturing processes within the 3DEXPERIENCE platform
September 30, 2019 – Yokohama, Japan – Zuken has signed a V6 Community Membership agreement with Dassault Systèmes to develop solutions for an end-to-end system design and manufacturing process enabling customers to manage electronic engineering information together with mechanical and software engineering data and configurations on the Dassault Systèmes 3DEXPERIENCE platform.
The solution, developed by Zuken, will provide comprehensive electronic library and design data management capabilities within Dassault Systèmes’ 3DEXPERIENCE platform. In this way, Dassault Systèmes and Zuken customers will be able to capitalize on a unified and consistent interdisciplinary product lifecycle management solution that will provide breakthrough capabilities, such as cross-discipline systems engineering and traceability, global systems partitioning and navigation, and a seamless, cross-discipline collaboration process.
Electronics engineers connected to the 3DEXPERIENCE platform can now have full traceability – from requirements to deliverables and test results – across all engineering disciplines, instant visibility of change impacts, context and semantics across disciplines, as well as the business process analytics and engineering intelligence.
We are seeing a substantial demand from common customers for an integration of our DS-2 electronic lifecycle management environment into Dassault Systèmes’ 3DEXPERIENCE platform.
“We are seeing substantial demand from common customers for an integration of our DS-2 electronic lifecycle management environment into Dassault Systèmes’ 3DEXPERIENCE platform,” said Kazuhiro Kariya, Chief Technical Officer and Managing Director of Zuken Inc., Yokohama. “Through our integration with the 3DEXPERIENCE platform and the resulting comprehensive capabilities on a library, design data and configuration and change management level, Zuken and Dassault Systèmes have a compelling solution to address the urgent need for an integral electro-mechanical engineering approach, which is fueled by the growing importance of electronic and software content in today’s product development process.”
This solution will enable our joint customers to significantly advance their systems engineering and cross-discipline collaboration practices.
“We welcome Zuken’s initiative to integrate their popular electronic engineering technology with our 3DEXPERIENCE platform,” said Olivier de Percin, Vice President, High-Tech Industry, Dassault Systèmes. “This solution will enable our joint customers to significantly advance their systems engineering and cross-discipline collaboration practices.”
In detail, the solution covers the following engineering and business processes:
Component Management Process
- Creation of a new component in Zuken’s Engineering Data Management environment DS-2 from the 3DEXPERIENCE platform, including the transfer of component metadata and related files from the 3DEXPERIENCE platform to Zuken DS-2
- Synchronization of component metadata between the 3DEXPERIENCE platform and Zuken DS-2
- Transfer of authorization to use a component in a project context from the 3DEXPERIENCE platform to DS-2
- Transfer of graphical representations of library elements (footprint, symbol, etc.) from DS-2 to the 3DEXPERIENCE platform in a neutral format
Design Management Process
- Transfer of the Zuken representation (native and derived) from DS-2 to the 3DEXPERIENCE platform for visualization, fabrication and traceability purposes
- Transfer of Bill-of-Material (BOM) and variant information of BOM from DS-2 to the 3DEXPERIENCE platform
- Exchange of ECAD/MCAD data, such as in IDF or EDMD formats, between DS-2 and the 3DEXPERIENCE platform
Change Management Process
- Initialization of a project in Zuken DS-2 from the 3DEXPERIENCE platform
- Closure/freeze of a project in DS-2 from the 3DEXPERIENCE platform
- Initialization of a change in DS-2 from a change action initiated in the 3DEXPERIENCE platform
- Change of object status in DS-2 from the 3DEXPERIENCE platform (i.e.; the status of the objects in DS-2 will be under the 3DEXPERIENCE platform’s change control)
Collaboration and integration between mechanical and electronic/electrical design tools and process
- Collaborative design and verification between Dassault Systèmes’ CATIA applications and CR-8000 series users on the 3DEXPERIENCE platform
- Dynamic integration between electronic/electrical design tools and mechanical design tools with continuous exchange of data and configurations.
- Unified verification environment for “System-Level Design,” including both electronic/electrical design and mechanical design processes.
DS-2 is Zuken’s technology platform for the management of electronic and electrical libraries, design data and configurations. The integration of DS-2 into the Dassault Systèmes 3DEXPERIENCE platform will be marketed and maintained directly by Zuken.
– ends –
Zuken is a global provider of leading-edge software and consulting services for electrical and electronic design and manufacturing. Founded in 1976, Zuken has the longest track record of technological innovation and financial stability in the electronic design automation (EDA) software industry. The company’s extensive experience, technological expertise, and agility combine to create world-class software solutions. Zuken’s transparent working practices and integrity in all aspects of business produce long-lasting and successful customer partnerships that make Zuken a reliable long-term business partner.
Zuken is focused on being a long-term innovation and growth partner. The security of choosing Zuken is further reinforced by the company’s people—the foundation of Zuken’s success. Coming from a wide range of industry sectors, specializing in many different disciplines and advanced technologies, Zuken’s people relate to and understand each company’s unique requirements. For more information about the company and its products, visit www.zuken.com, blog.zuken.com, or www.linkedin.com/company/zuken