There is one thing that all design engineers will agree on. Creating and gathering all the required data for a release to the PLM system is error-prone and can be a “messy”. We all understand the value of releasing our design data to the corporate PLM system, but a best practice design process dictates multiple release profiles with different purposes and different data requirements. Checkpoints and design reviews may require schematic and board viewables, a current BOM, specifications, simulation results and supporting documents. Prototype, First Article and Full Production builds have different release package content requirements. And let’s not forget about the ECO process and its data needs.
This webinar will discuss the different release profiles from WIP to a manufacturing-centric PLM system followed by the demonstration of best practices that can make the job easier and more reliable.
DS-CR, Zuken’s Design Data Management System, offers a reliable and controlled release of your WIP engineering data to PDM/Manufacturing.
What you’ll learn:
- How release point content is defined by the release type
- How release point content can be controlled with a trusted, repeatable process
- How object based notifications can inform you of unexpected data changes
- The importance of ensuring that the layout, schematic and EBOM are in sync
- How to ensure that there are no procurement or lifecycle issues with the components
Who should attend:
- Engineering managers
- Project and program managers
- Component engineers
- Librarians, etc.