The DRAGON Routing Platform moves away from traditional settings-based auto-routing to a new approach that combines intelligence and a strategy-driven approach to meet your routing requirements
Setting up the router was perceived as a ‘black art’, or near impossible requiring an expert in the autorouting tools in order to get the best out of them.
Developed initially for the high-end EDA market, the CADSTAR DRAGON Router takes the stress out of routing, by offering an intelligent autorouting solution that puts power into the hands of the designer and the Routing Strategy Environment allows easy set up and management of all routing tasks.
Central to the Routing Strategy Environment is the Routing Consultant. The Routing Consultant performs an initial set of high level ‘expert’ checks on your design to identify potential ‘blockers’ for routing. You can iteratively fix and rerun the analysis in order to clear these ‘blockers’. Using the information gained during the analysis the Routing Consultant can then automatically generate a routing strategy for your design. A strategy is a list of steps that will run in order to route your design. The Routing Strategy has access to all of the routing tools available in the Dragon Routing Platform.
Top features and benefits
- Intelligent environment to solve all your routing problems
- Automatic DRAGON tools work seamlessly with auto-interactive tools
- Routing consultant will generate routing strategies
- What-if analysis of multiple strategies
- Re-use strategies across designs
- Native 45-degree routing
- Smart Fan-Out (BGA’s) and Escape Routing (BGA’s)
- Meeting high-speed constraints
- Differential pair routing
- Minimize uncoupled length and skew
- Reduced design cycle times
- Ease of use and setup
- Improved completion
For full details of what is available within the CADSTAR DRAGON Autorouter, download the datasheet.