June 8, 11:00 AM – All Levels
Instructor: Bill O’Leary, President of cadEnhance LLC
In 30+yrs as a design engineer, I relished the creative side of the design but struggled with the repetitive tasks required to deliver a successful design. I wanted to be an Engineer, not an accountant! I spent lots of time automating those painful processes and CadEnhance is the result.
PartBuilder from cadEnhance is the most efficient tool in today’s market for creating schematic library symbols from 10-10000 pins. It typically takes 15 minutes for 10-250 pin parts, 30 min for 500 pin parts, and an hour per 1000 pins on larger devices. PartBuilder is especially efficient with Programmable Logic Devices, creating any size FPGA device from Xilinx, Intel/Altera, Lattice, and MicroChip/MIcrosemi in under an hour.
We will run through a couple of examples showing how PartBuilder automates the Schematic Symbol Creation process for The Zuken CR-5000/CR-8000 tools.
We will quickly touch on these topics:
- Adaptive Zero-Touch pinData Extraction
- Smart-FRAC automated symbol fracturing
- The CadEnhance Symbol Description Language
- Tight PartBuilder/Zuken Integration to convert ASCII symbols to useable .prt and .smb files
- Intelligent pin and symbol properties (pin_delay, diff_pair_ids, and swap codes)
- Site-Files to Enforce your Symbol Library Standards
- Symbol Verification (compare Existing Zuken Symbols to pinout spreadsheets)
- Converting Orcad/AllegroHDL and Mentor symbols to Zuken Symbols
CadEnhance sold its first BOM generation tool to a large Texas IC company in 2006. Since then we have strived to provide easy-to-use products and services for HW designers looking to remove the pain from their HW development processes. Automated Schematic Symbol creation is a great start.