Does the Release to Manufacturing Process Keep You up at Night?
Have you ever finished generating the manufacturing release package for the latest product design and then it occurred to you that something may be wrong?
The release to manufacturing process is one of the most critical and error prone in the entire product development process. This is where the design transitions from engineering to manufacturing. And so much can go wrong.
This webinar will examine today’s manual release to manufacturing process and highlight some of the common pitfalls and solutions. For instance, can your manufacturing package generation process approve a design with a component tagged with an excessive lead time or lifecycle issue? Imagine the downstream impact.
A short presentation outlining the key elements of a robust and repeatable release to manufacturing process will be followed by an interactive demonstration.
What you’ll learn:
- How a repeatable automated process reduces risk
- How process checks can eliminate numerous errors
- Verify design file synchronization
- Check for component procurement or lifecycle issues
- How to incorporate a signoff process
Who should watch:
- Technical and electrical engineers
- Engineering managers
- Product managers
- Quality assurance and testing engineers and managers, etc.