Concurrent Design of Power Generation and Distribution Schematics and Panels
This webinar will cover the design of large electrical projects. A vital element of the design process is the tracking of nomenclature, device and cable functions, assignments and placement. This is for the accurate generation of complete Bills of Materials, Cabling Schedules and all documentation such as labels, manufacturing files and test data.
The use of a common library adds an advantage for re-use of design data and offers the ability to conform to known electrical design and schematic standards. The intelligent parts are developed with functions for automatic selection of wires/cables, lugs/studs and wire end terminals.
The demonstration will include placing schematic representations of rack parts and electrical generation and distribution circuitry. The naming and wiring will then be accurately reflected in the panels. This process avoids inconsistency which will necessitate the need for extensive cross checking and verification and ultimately loss of time developing and manufacturing the equipment.
What you’ll learn:
- How to work in an enterprise solution design environment
- The benefits of a standard library with industry standard symbols and attributes
- Speed up design time by eradicating the need for lengthy checking and verification
- Understand the ease of tracking changes across multiple versions of the same design
- The advantages of common electrical objects for BOMS and cabling reports
Who should watch:
- Technical and electrical design engineers
- Engineering managers
- Product managers
- Quality assurance and testing engineers and managers, etc.