Defining and Implementing a Configurable Product Architecture – Webinar
Paving the way to a flexible product architecture: A pragmatic approach to balancing market-driven flexibility and internal complexity
Having a configurable product architecture has significant benefits to any business. Including cost reduction through increased productivity to a simplified sales process that customers can understand. One of the biggest challenges for product development teams is implementing it successfully.
The ability to develop and manufacture customised products is a clear advantage in a competitive marketplace, but it is also a potential complexity driver.
Configurable product architecture allows customers to customise and enables the business to reduce complexity and optimise its product portfolio. The best way to start implementing this is by defining what you want to achieve from the outset and having the correct tools and design software to manage it.
- Balancing market requirements and internal complexity
- Configurable product architecture and modularity as levers for an optimized product portfolio
- Understanding and defining the optimum product variety
- Eating the Elephant: Optimising product lines and processes
- The engineering perspective on market flexibility, product variety and increasing complexity
Learn from the expert
Principal, Solution Portfolio