Position: Software Technical Writer
Reports to: Product Director, E3.Series
Education: BSEE, BSCS, or Equivalent Experience
Zuken USA Inc. seeks a talented Software Technical Writer. The successful candidate will work closely with our solutions and development team in order to develop and maintain technical user documentation for our E3.series and Harness Builder software.
- You will work with technical staff to make products easier to use by writing and organizing supporting content for products.
- You will edit, standardize, or make changes to material prepared by other writers using photographs, drawings, diagrams, animation, and charts that increase users’ understanding of our software.
- You will use interactive technologies of the Web and social media to blend text, graphics, multidimensional images, sound, and video.
- You will select appropriate mediums for message or audience, such as manuals or online videos, and standardize content across platforms and media.
- You will refine by gathering user feedback to update and improve the content and revise content as new issues arise.
- You must be able to understand complex information and communicate the information to people with diverse professional backgrounds.
- You will be responsible for managing the consistency of technical content and its use across business departments including product development, manufacturing, marketing, and customer relations.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English.
- Several years proved experience delivering technical documentation for complex products.
- Highly computer literate with excellent knowledge of MS Office and Help Authoring Tool (HAT) Software, e.g., RoboHelp or equivalent.
- Experience in the use of professional technical authoring methodologies, tools, and best practices.
- Proofreading experience.
- Preferred: Hands-on CAD experience with Zuken E3.series software suite or similar tool.
- Programming experience would be an advantage and beneficial in this role.
- The successful candidate will be self-motivated, have strong communication skills, and the ability to manage multiple tasks effectively.
- Must be capable of working in both a team environment and individually.
- Strong customer relations skills a must.
This position requires the use of information that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR.
Zuken is trusted globally by leading companies to optimize their electrical and electronic engineering design and related manufacturing processes. Our unique combination of proven experience, technological expertise, and agility, creates electronic design automation (EDA) solutions as well as computer-aided engineering (CAE) solutions that are innovative, dynamic, and powerful.
The Company offers equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and all employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by applicable law.