CADSTAR PCB Layout
Some working knowledge of PCB layouts would be an advantage but not essential.
To provide a thorough understanding of the principals of schematic capture and PCB design, validation and documentation processes.
- System overview, CADSTAR User interface
- Management and creation of Library parts
- Introduction to the PCB Design
- Attributes and constraints, their use and benefit
- Design technology – creating custom technologies
- Component selection, placement, tools and techniques
- Hierarchy, all aspects of hierarchical creation and management
- Macros, their use and format
- Post processing, using the WYISWYG post processor
- Creating custom reports using the report generator
- Understanding net codes – net classes and spacing classes
- Routing, Footprint Routing, Testpoints, Copper poor functionality and manipulation
- ECO update management, using the forward and back annotation function
- Symbol and component version control
- Symbol and component creation wizard
- Utilities – setting colours, grid units and defining layers
- Creating an importing PCB outlines
- Route editor interactive
- Introduction to test land
- DRC Checking
- Output of Manufacturing, generating a BOM, editing and datasheet generation
Course Length: 2 days
Recommended basic training for all new CADSTAR users and those without previous CADSTAR training.
This course can be extended with one day to cover CADSTAR Schematic fundamentals.