What's New in CR-8000 2015.1
True 3D component shapes are used for collision checks and 3D clearance checks
Zuken’s CR-8000, the industry’s only product-centric design solution, continues to lead the way with next-generation tools capable of creating today’s and tomorrow’s complex product designs. CR-8000 2015.1 helps product designers meet the challenges of today’s ever-smaller and complex enclosures, with 3D clearance analysis using true component shapes. It also includes improved accuracy in layer configuration design work through transfer of layer configuration data between CR-8000 Design Force and Polar Instruments Speedstack.
CR-8000 is the complete solution for your system-level, single and multi-board design requirements. In addition to the features highlighted below, further information is available in the product release notes.
Clearance analysis to a true component shape
Specified shapes are assigned individually or collectively.
Perform more accurate 3D checks by using a true 3D component model with a precisely-matched 3D shape. Accurate shape parts can be used for track changes, collision checks and 3D clearance checks, offering more accurate results than tests performed with shapes defined by a boundary box. Features include:
- Multi-board clearance and enclosure checking
- Specified shapes are assigned individually or collectively
- Product level design with measurements (USP)
- Major CAD formats are supported, including: STEP, CATIA, Creo, NX, SolidWorks, Parasolid and ACIS.
- Reduce the risk of prototype reworking at the manufacturing stage because of a fit problem.
- Better design flow between electrical and mechanical design, reducing the silo effect.
Back to top
Detail board stackup design and specification
Layer configuration data can now be transferred between Zuken’s CR-8000 Design Force and Polar Instruments Speedstack
Layer configuration data can now be transferred between Design Force and Polar Instruments Speedstack, removing the need to re-input stackup data in Speedstack. In addition, the results of review in Speedstack can be used for board design in Design Force. This ensures designs are created using the most accurate information shared with manufacturers.
- Improved efficiency in layer configuration design.
- Material suppliers values are used for values such as dielectrics – no more interim estimates.
- Closer collaboration between manufacturing and PCB design – no manual data flow and checking.
Back to top
User productivity and efficiency enhancements
Lines with different widths can now be connected smoothly using arcs in CR-8000 2015.1
Design edit function enhancements
Lines with different widths can now be connected smoothly using arcs. It is now easy to create line shapes considering the production yield ratio and signal quality.
Routing Function Enhancements
Improved support for track input functions:
During routing with the track/route differential pair/bundle route command, the track width now changes automatically on the boundary of a rule area.
During routing with the Track/Route Differential Pair/Bundle Route command, the track width changes automatically on the boundary of a rule area.
- Providing a more accurate and controllable routing – leading to better signal integrity characteristics
Improvements to Operability
- Full file paths are now displayed in [Recent Files], and the number of files displayed in [Recent Files] can now be increased.
- Improved Area Fill Editing Operability
- Editing operations on an area fill can now be started by double-clicking on it. Commands can be switched easily with less movement of the mouse
Enhancements to the SI analysis function
- Waveforms in the waveform viewer can now be output to an image file in bmp/png/jpg format improving efficiency in documenting and reporting signal results for engineering information and review
- Enhancements to Board List Processor
- New function processes the output format of the info list.
- Number of information units and items that can be output from the board list processor has been increased.
Back to top