Design Rule Checking (DRC)
Design Gateway’s Circuit Adviser enables engineers to conduct concurrent, advanced electrical rule checks during logical circuit creation. Users can specify rules and conditions, create check results, cross-probe results with the design and generate summary reports.
- Power and ground supply polarity
- Net voltage polarity
- Input pin voltage
- “Must connect” pins
- Pull-up/pull-down resistors
- Component voltage ratings
- Component power dissipation ratings
- Maximum Repetitive Reverse Voltage check (VRRM)
- Component pin input/output current balancing
- Worst case analysis for voltage/power ratings
- Diode forward voltage/power ratings
- Component pin capacitance.
Circuit Adviser rule checks can be further enhanced, utilizing the annotation of operating point voltages annotated to the circuit design from analog simulation.