All Library add-ons are free-of-charge.
CADSTAR Library Editor
The CADSTAR Library Editor provides a complete solution for creating and
editing symbol, footprints and part information for PCB design. Integrated into
the CADSTAR framework, Library Editor shares the same set of user interface
and configuration settings with the other applications in the CADSTAR
family – making it easy to learn and maximizing productivity during product
Central to the CADSTAR design flow is the parts library, which supports a
constraints-driven design flow through logic circuit design, all the way to
preparing manufacturing outputs for the PCB. The CADSTAR Library editor
supplies the critical parts information and attributes that are required at
each step of the design process. Parts library data can be stored in either a
local library or incorporated into an ODBC-compliant database, supporting
integration with a workgroup engineering database, enterprise-level MRP, or
CADSTAR Library Editor - Creating Part Definitions (Pt 1/2)
CADSTAR Library Editor - Creating Part Definitions (Pt 2/2)
Top features and benefits
- Rapid part creation through embedded logical and physical library wizards
- Automatic version control for symbols, components and parts
- Automatic symbol and gate partitioning with import FPGA packaging
- Flexible architecture allowing tight integration with existing PLM, PDM, MRP or other IT infrastructure
- Manage part obsolescence with embedded part acceptance system
- Meet vendor-specific requirements by defining unlimited alternate footprints for each part number
- Include document and URL paths for easy access to documentation and datasheets
- Improve downstream searches and generate reports through support for user-defined attributes
- Increased speed when searching for parts - No Parts index required
- Edit/save a single part (instead of having to edit/save the whole Parts Library)
- Access online library of 250,000 parts to reduce time in library development
If you need to integrate CAD data with your engineering database, CADSTAR supports access to any ODBC-compliant data source, enabling links to the latest corporate information as well as the ability to run parametric searches to locate the correct part using a range of attributes. Attributes in the library help you search and maintain version control, track obsolescence, integrate links to datasheets and websites, and add custom fields as required. The parts library can be stored in any ODBC-compliant database, enabling integration with your engineering or MRP systems.
For full details of the CADSTAR Library Editor, download the datasheet.
Optional (free) add-on Library tools
SamacSys PCB Part Libraries is a live library of more than 7 million free, high-quality PCB symbols and footprints for CADSTAR. The library contains IPC standard, quality-checked components; rather than static files that quickly date.
Würth Elektronik offers free-of-charge passive component libraries for CADSTAR.
Zuken provides you with a free online library of more than 250,000 parts from leading vendors such as Actel, Analog Devices, Intel, Texas and Zetex.