Zuken is an acknowledged world leader in the provision of professional software solutions for High Speed PCB design, Advanced IC Packaging and Electromechanical design. Used by the world's top 30 electronics companies we are a global organization with our UK operation based in Aztec West Business Park, North Bristol.
The Bristol development centre delivers the following solutions:
CADSTAR provides a fully integrated, desktop environment for the design of printed circuit boards (PCB) and includes interactive, graphical CAD applications to handle schematic entry, physical PCB layout and component library creation and maintenance. The product range also includes a tool for verification of the design in a 3D environment and a post-layout SI (signal integrity) simulator.
We require an application software engineer to join the existing teams responsible for the development and maintenance of Zuken’s EDA (Electronic Design Automation) software.
Software development is carried out in C and C++, primarily in a Microsoft Windows (PC based) environment. The work requires an involvement in all aspects of the software development lifecycle from initial prototyping and specification through design, implementation, testing and documentation.
You will typically need a 2:2 or above in Computer Science or Electronic Engineering plus knowledge or experience of some of the following:
- Enthusiastic, versatile and self-motivated.
- A good communicator with the ability to fit well into a team.
- Clear, logical thinking and the creative ability to solve problems.
- Must have a desire to work as an applications programmer.
- Experience of desktop applications development
- Full commercial software lifecycle experience
- Formal, structured programming experience.
- C and C++ programming within a MS Windows (PC) environment
- OOA/OOD experience
- Experience of interactive, graphical applications.
- Strong mathematical skills and an interest in algorithm development.
- Data modelling experience and an understanding of complex data structures.
- Experience with QT toolkit
How to Apply
Please send us a cover letter and CV (résumé) to _Bristol-HR@zuken.com detailing:
Which country you wish to work in (e.g. France)
What department you are interested in (e.g. Sales)
Details of any experience you have relevant for the position
Current salary requirements or package expectations.
Terms and conditions
- ¨The standard week is normally 37.5 hours over a five-day week exclusive of a 45 minute lunch break each day.
- ¨The post is subject to the successful completion of a six-month probationary period.
- 27 days annual leave per annum (plus all public holidays)
- Flexible Working Hours
- Defined contribution Pension Scheme with PHI scheme
- Training and Development
- A relaxed open plan working environment
- Free parking in modern offices with close proximity to the M4 and M5.