Support Services Team UK
Zuken is an acknowledged world leader in the provision of professional software solutions for PCB design, advanced IC packaging and electromechanical design. Used by the world's top 30 electronics companies, Zuken’s integrated solutions deliver correct-by-design results to ensure that customers can minimize their time to market.
We require an application engineer (AE) to join the Support Services Team at the Zuken Technology Centre, based at the Aztec West Business Park, north Bristol. The successful candidate will be responsible for second line technical support to Zuken offices and distributers worldwide as well as quality assurance activities for Zuken’s current (CADSTAR and CR-5000 Lightning) and next generation (CR-8000 and eCADSTAR) products.
The AE will be responsible for:
- The effective delivery of second line technical support for Zuken products, investigating customer issues and providing guidance on tool usage, workarounds and the management of enhancement or defect reports. Primarily using web tools, customer support activities may occasionally include direct telephone support or on-site customer visits, in the UK or internationally.
- Using their knowledge of the PCB design process, providing detailed, user based feedback on requirements and functional specifications, reviewing test specifications and providing evaluation feedback on new features or enhancements.
- Testing software in accordance with the test specification, including aspects of the management of the QC process and the vetting of user documentation and training courses.
CR-5000 Lightning is Zuken’s solution for the design of high speed printed circuit boards. It includes a constraint driven environment for analysing electrical interconnect behaviour (such as signal and power integrity) and for the placement and routing of printed circuit boards.
CADSTAR is Zuken’s integrated desktop solution for the design of printed circuit boards including schematic entry, physical PCB layout, component library creation and maintenance. The product range also includes signal integrity and 3D design verification options.
CR-8000 Design Force and eCADSTAR are Zuken’s next generation PCB design solutions.
You will typically need a minimum BSc 2:2 or equivalent experience in Electrical, Electronic engineering plus 5 years’ demonstrable experience in related industry.
- Experience of designing a printed circuit board.
- Ability to communicate at all levels both within the Zuken organisation and with customers, including excellent written English and strong verbal skills.
- Ability to provide accurate and professional feedback where attention to detail is essential.
- Good knowledge of the PCB design/manufacture process combined with strong analytical skills and a logical thought process.
- Working knowledge of Windows based OS and Microsoft Office tools.
- Ability to work unsupervised and under own initiative.
- Enthusiastic, versatile and self-motivated.
- The ability to fit well into a team.
- Experience of any Zuken PCB design tools.
- Appreciation of high speed design issues including signal integrity.
- Good presentation skills.
- HNC/HND Electrical or Electronic Engineering or equivalent PCB design experience.
- Degree Electrical or Electronic Engineering.
- ISEB Foundation Certificate or higher in software testing.
- IPC CID/CID+(Circuit Interconnect Designer) certification.
How to Apply
Please send us a cover letter and CV (résumé) to _Bristol-HR@zuken.com detailing:
Which country you wish to work in (e.g. France)
What department you are interested in (e.g. Sales)
Details of any experience you have relevant for the position
Current salary requirements or package expectations.
Terms and conditions
- The standard week is 37.5 hours over a five-day week exclusive of a 45 minute lunch break each day
- The post is subject to the successful completion of a six-month probationary period.
The benefits listed below are discretionary and Zuken reserve the right to vary or withdraw them at any time. All such benefits apply during the course of employment only:
27 days annual leave per annum (plus all public holidays), increasing with length of service (maximum 30 days)
- Flexible working hours
- Defined contribution pension scheme with permanent health insurance scheme
- Training and development
- A relaxed open plan working environment
- Free parking in modern offices with close proximity to the M4 and M5.
The candidate who most closely matches the essential criteria may be invited for interview. A full but concise description of the nature, extent and level of the responsibilities you hold in your current and previous roles are essential in order for us to shortlist candidates.
The candidate must have full rights to work in the UK.