Web Portal Engineer (f/m/d)
Zuken is an acknowledged world leader in the provision of professional software solutions for High Speed PCB design, Advanced IC Packaging and Electromechanical design. Used by the world’s top 30 electronics companies we are a global organization with our UK operation based in Aztec West Business Park, North Bristol.
We require a Web Portal Engineer to join our team responsible for the Development of Zuken’s EDA (Electronic Design Automation) software.
The varied role will involve development of web services, client GUI (front end) for these services and web technology development for integration with the software and commercial web site. You will be working closely with our software development and marketing teams in order to develop these solutions.
You will typically need a degree, 2:2 or above plus knowledge or experience of some of the following:
- Enthusiastic, versatile and self-motivated.
- A good communicator with the ability to fit well into a team.
- Clear, logical thinking and the creative ability to solve problems.
- 3 or more years’ relevant web development experience
- Back-end development
- Understand how web systems are built
- Prototype new systems
- Database (e.g. MySQL)
- Client/server interactions
- APIs (e.g. JSON)
- Front-end development
- Structure framework experience (e.g. bootstrap, JQuery)
- Server scripting (e.g. PHP)
- Responsive design
- Interest in latest technology and web development trends
- Back-end development
- Communication techniques (e.g. Ajax polling)
- Front-end development technologies
- Custom themes/modules/templates
- 3rd party integration
- Custom scripting/Plug in development
Terms and conditions
- The standard week is normally 37.5 hours over a five-day week exclusive of a 45 minute lunch break each day.
- The post is subject to the successful completion of a six-month probationary period.
The benefits listed below are discretionary and Zuken reserve the right to vary or withdraw them at any time. All such benefits apply during the course of employment only:
- 27 days annual leave per annum (plus all public holidays).
- Flexible Working Hours.
- Defined contribution Pension Scheme with PHI scheme.
- Training and Development.
- A relaxed open plan working environment.
- Free parking in modern offices with close proximity to the M4 and M5.
The candidate who most closely matches the essential criteria will be invited for interview. A full, but concise description of the nature, extent and level of the responsibilities you hold in your current and previous roles are essential in order for us to short-list candidates.