Software Engineer (f/m/d) – Technology Development
At Zuken, we believe that to solve the biggest problems, you need the highest quality tools and that the people that work for Zuken are key to achieving this.
Electronics are found in almost every device, and companies need high quality, professional software to help them create their products. Since 1976, Zuken has been doing exactly that – helping them create a vast array of devices from Formula 1 cars, satellites and planes to games consoles and smartphones. Indeed, it is very likely that you already own devices that have been designed with Zuken software.
Based in our recently refurbished, air-conditioned Bristol office, on the Aztec West Business Park, North Bristol, close to the M4 and M5, successful candidates can expect a mix of on-site / hybrid home working, alongside other benefits, such as flexible working hours, flexible retirement options and a cycle to work scheme. Our open plan office is a friendly working environment, including a dedicated kitchen, free drinks (e.g. tea, coffee), free fruit and free parking. We also offer break out areas to help you take a break and relax. Why not have a game of darts or even take a few minutes in our open-air atrium at the centre of the building? If you are working from home, you have the comfort of your home setting and the ability to still feel part of the team via our online collaboration environment.
To continue our quest to deliver the best design experience for our customers we need enthusiastic Software Engineers to join our team and help develop the future of EDA. They need to understand quality, have an eye for detail and a flair for innovation.
As for the future? We know our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals, we actively support your growth and career progression and are accredited by Investors in People. Our grading system has no requirement for years of service, it is based on your abilities, actions and desires, so you can take your career anywhere you want it to go!
We are looking for an engineer to join our Technology Development team. This team is responsible for most of the automation that delivers into all of Zuken’s PCB products including productionising AI-based solutions. Candidates need to be able to communicate clearly with the team, be enthusiastic, versatile and self-motivated, looking to develop their skills in a challenging and evolving environment. They need to have a particular interest in maths-based problem solving and algorithmic development.
We are seeking candidates with varying levels of Software Engineering experience. Those who are starting their careers with us should have enthusiasm and a passion for learning, while those who are more experienced will also have more diverse programming skills, ideally on Windows (our primary platform). The work requires involvement in all aspects of the software development lifecycle. We would expect them to be actively contributing throughout the initial prototyping and specification followed by design, implementation, testing and documentation.
As a candidate’s skills and experience increases, their role can expand, taking on new challenges, ownership and responsibility. We offer dual career progression opportunities, technical and leadership, based on an individual’s skills and desire. Training is tailored to an individual’s needs and job requirements.
Our Developers typically have a 2:2 degree or above in a Computer Science or Engineering based discipline plus knowledge or experience of some of the following:
- Enthusiastic, versatile and self-motivated.
- Drive for self-improvement.
- A good communicator with the ability to fit well into a team.
- Clear, logical thinking and the creative ability to solve problems.
- A desire to implement technical solutions in a complex development environment.
- Experience of application development.
- Full commercial software lifecycle experience.
- Formal, structured programming experience.
- Experience in the development of interactive, graphical applications.
- Data modelling experience and an understanding of complex data structures.
- Experience with QT toolkit.
- Electronics and circuit design.
Culture and Benefits
We value diversity in our workforce, we know diversity brings a greater variety of ideas, perspectives and experiences to the workplace.
Additionally, we can offer the following benefits:
- 27 days annual leave per annum (plus all public holidays)
- Additional days are added for long service
- A mix of on-site / hybrid working
- Up to 2 days working at home per week
- Flexible Working Hours
- 37.5 hours worked over 5 day period, exclusive of a 45-minute lunch break each day
- With core hours and flexible start and end times
- Flexible Friday scheme
- Defined contribution Pension Scheme
- 8% employer contribution and 4% employee
- Include PHI (Permanent Health Insurance)
- Flexible retirement options
- Company bonus scheme (subject to qualifying criteria and achieving agreed objectives)
- Long Service rewards
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Professional counselling, support for mental and emotional wellbeing, practical life management services (financial, legal, family care and information services)
- Training and Development
- Including free access to thousands of courses via Udemy and one-on-one coaching
- Dual career progression opportunities, supporting both technical and leadership skills
- Free drinks and fruit
- Various other schemes including cycle to work and Sodexo discount scheme
The post is subject to the successful completion of a six-month probationary period.
Zuken is an equal opportunity employer.
If you are the sort of person who wants to make an impact on the world of electronics, please contact us for more details.