Software Engineer (f/m/d) – Routing Technology
Zuken is an acknowledged world leader in the provision of professional software solutions for PCB design, advanced IC packaging and electromechanical design. Used by the world’s top 30 electronics companies, Zuken’s integrated solutions deliver correct-by-design results to ensure that customers can minimize their time to market.
The Bristol development centre delivers the following solutions:
CADSTAR provides a fully integrated, desktop environment for the design of printed circuit boards (PCB) and includes interactive, graphical CAD applications to handle schematic entry, physical PCB layout and component library creation and maintenance. The product range also includes a tool for verification of the design in a 3D environment and a post-layout SI (signal integrity) simulator.
The P.R.Editor application is a tool for designing high speed printed circuit boards (PCBs). It includes interactive and automatic tools for optimal component placement and routing, design rule checking, and a constraint driven environment for analysing the electrical interconnect behaviour (such as reflection, crosstalk, propagation delay, and EMC.
The P.R.Editor technology is delivered into the enterprise-level CR-8000 and CR-5000 product lines as well as CADSTAR.
We require an application software engineer to join the existing teams responsible for the development and maintenance of Zuken’s EDA (Electronic Design Automation) software.
Software development is carried out in C and C++, primarily in a Microsoft Windows (PC based) environment. The work requires an involvement in all aspects of the software development lifecycle from initial prototyping and specification through design, implementation, testing and documentation.
You will typically need a 2:2 or above in Computer Science or Electronic Engineering plus knowledge or experience of some of the following:
- Enthusiastic, versatile and self-motivated.
- A good communicator with the ability to fit well into a team.
- Clear, logical thinking and the creative ability to solve problems.
- Must have a desire to work as an applications programmer.
- Experience of desktop applications development
- Full commercial software lifecycle experience
- Strong mathematical skills and an interest in algorithm development.
- Formal, structured programming experience.
- C and C++ programming within a MS Windows (PC) environment
- OOA/OOD experience
- Experience of interactive, graphical applications.
- Data modelling experience and an understanding of complex data structures.
- Experience with QT toolkit
Terms and conditions
- The standard week is normally 37.5 hours over a five-day week exclusive of a 45 minute lunch break each day.
- The post is subject to the successful completion of a six-month probationary period.