Machine Learning Engineer (f/m/d) – Technology Research
At Zuken, we believe that to solve the biggest problems, you need the highest quality tools and that the people that work for Zuken are key to achieving this.
Electronics are found in almost every device, and companies need high quality, professional software to help them create their products. Since 1976, Zuken has been doing exactly that – helping them create a vast array of devices from Formula 1 cars, satellites and planes to games consoles and smartphones. Indeed, it is very likely that you already own devices that have been designed with Zuken software.
Zuken applies the same quality criteria to our solutions across the whole spectrum of Electronic Design world-wide.
With CR-8000 and eCADSTAR, we are excited to be working on the next generation of Electronic Design Automation. One that combines the power of modern applications (2D, 3D, multi-core, 64 bit) and the flexibility of the internet. By taking advantage of information updated in real-time designers can create boards with confidence that they will work first-time.
To continue our quest to deliver the best design experience for our customers we need enthusiastic Software Engineers to join our team and help develop the future of EDA. They need to understand quality, have an eye for detail, and a flair for innovation.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, versatile and self motivated machine learning engineer who is looking to develop their skills in a challenging and evolving environment within an existing team in Zuken.
The team deals with highly technical work, including advanced areas of research such as machine learning, data science and statistical analysis for optimization and generative problems. We require someone with knowledge/experience of current research in the area of AI and machine learning.
Our application software development is carried out in Python, C and C++, primarily in a Microsoft Windows (PC based) environment. However, for this role, the majority of the work is expected to be in Python.
As candidates skills and experience increases, their role can expand taking on new challenges, ownership and responsibility. We offer dual career progression opportunities, technical and leadership, based on an individuals skills and desire. Training is tailored to an individuals needs and job requirements.
You will typically need a 2:1 or above in Machine Learning, Data Science, AI or other related software or statistics discipline.
- Enthusiastic, versatile and self-motivated.
- Drive for self-improvement
- A good communicator with the ability to fit well into a team.
- Clear, logical thinking and the creative ability to solve problems.
- Strong mathematical skills and an interest in algorithm development.
- Experience at working in either machine learning, data science or similar AI field.
- Interest in machine learning algorithm design for solving practical engineering problems in a commercial environment.
- Full commercial software lifecycle experience.
- Data modelling experience and an understanding of complex data structures.
- Experience in writing code in Python and/or C/C++.
- Experience of Tensorflow/PyTorch libraries.
- PhD in machine learning related subject.
Culture and Benefits
We value diversity in our workforce, we know diversity brings a greater variety of ideas, perspectives and experiences to the workplace.
Additionally, we can offer the following benefits:
- 27 days annual leave per annum (plus all public holidays)
- Additional days are added for long service
- A mix of on-site / home working
- Flexible Working Hours
- 5 hours worked over 5 day period, exclusive of a 45-minute lunch break each day
- With core hours and flexible start and end times
- Flexible Friday scheme
- Defined contribution Pension Scheme
- 8% employer contribution and 4% employee
- Include PHI (Permanent Health Insurance)
- Flexible retirement options
- Company bonus scheme (subject to qualifying criteria and achieving agreed objectives)
- Long Service rewards
- For 5+ years’ service
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Professional counselling, support for mental and emotional wellbeing, practical life management services (financial, legal, family care and information services)
- Training and Development
- Including free access to thousands of courses via Udemy and one-on-one coaching
- Dual career progression opportunities, supporting both technical and leadership skills
- Free drinks and fruit
- Various other schemes including cycle to work
The post is subject to the successful completion of a six-month probationary period.
Zuken is an equal opportunity employer.
If you are the sort of person who wants to make an impact on the world of electronics, please contact us for more details.