Engineering Newcomer Challenge 2021
Zuken is sponsoring the Engineering Newcomer Challenge – a design challenge where future engineers can submit their designs to win prizes.
The design competition is hosted by Cadenas, norelem Normelemente, the BAK School of Technology, Mdesign, Tenado, and by us. In addition to submissions of mechanical designs, we would particularly like to encourage electrical designs through our sponsorship.
Students of technical fields at a university, technical school, or university of applied sciences have the chance to prove their expertise and creativity and to showcase designs and product ideas developed as part of their studies. The challenge is open internationally.
Together with the Engineering Newcomer award, cash prizes of 2,000 euros for first place, 1,000 euros for second place, and 500 euros for third place are also granted. This means that the award not only pays off financially but can also without a doubt jump-start your career.
Free E3.series Student Licence
We offer all participants who would like to join the competition with an electrical design the possibility to use free student licenses of our ECAD system E3.series.
You can create the following design projects with E3.series:
- circuit diagrams
- cable diagrams
- 3D control cabinet designs
- True to scale production drawings for wire harnesses
Register for the free E3.series Student Licence
Joachim Frank, Managing Director of Zuken E3 GmbH, will join the expert jury this year. “As a team of engineers, we have always maintained contact with universities and students. We passionately support numerous Formular Student teams with our software E3.series. Therefore, I am especially looking forward to the Engineering Newcomer Challenge 2021 coupled with the many exciting projects!”, he comments.
You can upload your projects until the deadline of 31.07.2021.
How to enter the challenge
- Register online at www.engineering-newcomer.com
- Upload photos, screenshots, and project descriptions of the design developed during your studies via the upload link
- Extra points are given if the design is also uploaded as a CAD & STEP file on www.PARTcloud.net in the category “Challenges/ Engineering Newcomer 2021”. Likes in the PARTcommunity increase your chances of winning.
- The expert jury will then evaluate the submitted projects based on the following aspects: originality, practical use, technological benefit, market opportunities, functionality and handling, and technological implementation.
Best of luck to all participants!