Webinar: 3D PCB Multi-board Design Basics
Don't Fall Behind!
Successful companies are building more competitive products. PCB-centric design processes don't address the needs of a modern product-centric process. In many cases the product contains more than one PCB and an enclosure design that leaves little room if any for unused space. A 3D multi-discipline process involving PCB, mechanical and supply chain is needed.
The design process needs to evolve to keep up with today’s product requirements that involve size, cost and style. Game changing technologies such as System on a Chip (SoC), touch sensing and display technology, and complex enclosure designs are all significantly impacting product design. From initial planning through to detail design, concurrent product-level development of the PCB(s) and enclosure is no longer optional, it is a requirement. This next generation process is challenging engineering teams to solve complex product development issues in both 2D and 3D within their core tool suite as expeditiously as possible.
This webinar will present the Product-centric design process along with a demonstration.
What you'll learn:
- How a virtual prototype can easily validate product design targets
- How to leverage your previous design or design reuse library to quickly build a functional product model
- PCB planning to optimize your PCB design across single or multiple boards
- Verify enclosure fit by importing a 3D STEP model
- Seamlessly transition from your virtual prototype to detailed design
Who should attend:
Design engineers, system architects, staff engineers, PCB designers, product managers and engineering management.