Software Engineer (Architecture team)
We require application software engineers to join the existing teams responsible for the development and maintenance of Zuken’s EDA (Electronic Design Automation) software.
Software development is carried out in C and C++, primarily in a Microsoft Windows environment. The work requires an involvement in all aspects of the software development lifecycle from initial prototyping and specification through design, implementation, testing and documentation.
You will typically need a minimum of a 2:1 in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering or similar subject. We also require the following:
- Enthusiastic, versatile and self-motivated.
- A good communicator with the ability to fit well into a team.
- Clear, logical thinking and the creative ability to solve problems.
- Must have a desire to work as an applications programmer.
- Experience of desktop applications development.
- Full commercial software lifecycle experience.
- Formal, structured programming experience.
- C and C++ programming within a MS Windows environment.
- OOA/OOD experience.
- Experience of interactive, graphical applications.
- Strong mathematical skills and an interest in algorithm development.
- Data modelling experience and an understanding of complex data structures.
- Experience with QT toolkit.
- 27 days annual leave per annum (plus all public holidays).
- Flexible Working Hours.
- Defined contribution Pension Scheme with PHI scheme.
- Training and Development.
- A relaxed open plan working environment.
- Regular company social events.
- Free parking at modern offices with close proximity to the M4 and M5.
How to Apply
To apply for this vacancy, please email your CV (résumé) and a covering letter, clearly identifying the role you wish to apply for, to:
Zuken is a global provider of leading-edge software and consulting services for electrical and electronic design and manufacturing. Founded in 1976, Zuken has the longest track record of technological innovation and financial stability in the electronic design automation (EDA) software industry. The company’s extensive experience, technological expertise and agility, combine to create world-class software solutions. Zuken’s transparent working practices and integrity in all aspects of business produce long-lasting and successful customer partnerships that make Zuken a reliable long-term business partner.
Zuken is focused on being a long-term innovation and growth partner. The security of choosing Zuken is further reinforced by the company’s people—the foundation of Zuken’s success. Coming from a wide range of industry sectors, specializing in many different disciplines and advanced technologies, Zuken’s people relate to and understand each company’s unique requirements.
Zuken's UK operation is based at Aztec West Business Park, North Bristol.
The Bristol development centre delivers the following solutions:
CADSTAR provides a fully integrated, desktop environment for the design of printed circuit boards (PCB) and includes interactive, graphical CAD applications to handle schematic entry, physical PCB layout and component library creation and maintenance. The product range also includes a tool for verification of the design in a 3D environment and a post-layout SI (signal integrity) simulator.
The P.R.Editor application is a tool for designing high speed printed circuit boards. It includes interactive and automatic tools for optimal component placement and routing, design rule checking, and a constraint driven environment for analysing the electrical interconnect behaviour (such as reflection, crosstalk, propagation delay, and electromagnetic compatibility).
The P.R.Editor technology is also delivered into the enterprise-level CR-8000 and CR-5000 product lines as well as CADSTAR.
Terms and conditions
- The standard week is normally 37.5 hours over a five-day week exclusive of a 45 minute lunch break each day.
- The post is subject to the successful completion of a six-month probationary period.