Sharing data to save time and improve collaboration.
Board Viewer allows users to share and review native design information to enhance communication during product development. Board Viewer supports native design data from the following solutions:
- CR-5000 Board Designer (.pcb, .pnl)
- CR-8000 Design Force (.dsgn)
- CR-8000 DFM Center (.fpr)
Benefits for companies with CR-8000 and CR-5000
Manufacturing and production
Design teams can review native Design Force and Board Designer files. When manufacturing and production issues are identified, users can provide feedback on the design using Board Viewer’s mark-up capabilities.
- This accelerates communication across departments (internal or external), reducing design cycle time.
- Board Viewer enables users to perform accurate and efficient verification at the production stage. This eliminates the need to view separate Gerber files and manually prepare change notes for circulation back to design teams.
During design reviews, Board Viewer can significantly reduce product development time by allowing users to exchange their feedback intelligently and avoiding costly design iterations. The ability to share native Design Force and Board Designer data across the organization can advance conformance to company or industry standards and improves application of corporate best practices and design guidelines.
Global design teams benefit by simultaneously reviewing and communicating on projects with a single design file for Design Force and Board Designer, saving time and maintaining traceability. With global design teams facing increased pressure of shorter delivery schedules and intense competition, Board Viewer enables comprehensive inspection of designs to enable design teams to complete their projects within shorter time frames.
Features available for Board Viewer
- Review PCB, panel and footprint files.
- Display on/off and specification of each layer color.
- Specify layer display order.
- Configure visible layer group.
- Display "Mirror View".
- Specify display color of each signal.
- Search by signal name, reference designator and terminal.
- Highlight and query any design element.
- Conduct measurements between objects.
- Add, delete or move text comments.
- Multiple users can access and review the same design simultaneously.
The following configuration is required.
||Windows 7 Ultimate(32bit/64bit)
Windows 7 Ultimate SP1(32bit/64bit)
Windows 7 Enterprise(32bit/64bit)
Windows 7 Enterprise SP1(32bit/64bit)
Windows 7 Professional(32bit/64bit)
Windows 7 Professional SP1(32bit/64bit)
Windows 7 Home Premium(32bit/64bit)
Windows 7 Home Premium SP1(32bit/64bit)
Windows Vista Ultimate SP2 (32bit/64bit)
Windows Vista Enterprise SP2 (32bit/64bit)
Windows Vista Business SP2 (32bit/64bit)
Windows XP Professional SP3 (32bit)
Windows XP Professional SP2 (64bit)
||Windows 7 / Vista
1Ghz or faster
733 MHz or faster
||1GB or higher
||256MB or higher
||System recommended value
||33MB free space or more
||1024 x 768 screen resolution or more,
16bit High Color / 32768 colors or more
|Supported revision of board data (Board Viewer 2013.000-1)
Download Board Viewer
By downloading the software, you agree to the terms and conditions in the license agreement. (Available from the download website)
NOTE: After selecting the “Register” button, you will be transferred to the Zuken Global Support website. Once you have submitted the registration form, you will be able to download the software.