Sharing data to save time and improve collaboration.
Board Viewer allows users to share and review native design information to enhance communication during product development. Board Viewer supports native design data from the following solutions:
- CR-5000 Board Designer (.pcb, .pnl)
- CR-8000 Design Force (.dsgn)
- CR-8000 DFM Center (.fpr)
Benefits for companies with CR-8000 and CR-5000
Manufacturing and production
Design teams can review native Design Force and Board Designer files. When manufacturing and production issues are identified, users can provide feedback on the design using Board Viewer’s mark-up capabilities.
- This accelerates communication across departments (internal or external), reducing design cycle time.
- Board Viewer enables users to perform accurate and efficient verification at the production stage. This eliminates the need to view separate Gerber files and manually prepare change notes for circulation back to design teams.
During design reviews, Board Viewer can significantly reduce product development time by allowing users to exchange their feedback intelligently and avoiding costly design iterations. The ability to share native Design Force and Board Designer data across the organization can advance conformance to company or industry standards and improves application of corporate best practices and design guidelines.
Global design teams benefit by simultaneously reviewing and communicating on projects with a single design file for Design Force and Board Designer, saving time and maintaining traceability. With global design teams facing increased pressure of shorter delivery schedules and intense competition, Board Viewer enables comprehensive inspection of designs to enable design teams to complete their projects within shorter time frames.
Features available for Board Viewer
- Review PCB, panel and footprint files.
- Display on/off and specification of each layer color.
- Specify layer display order.
- Configure visible layer group.
- Display "Mirror View".
- Specify display color of each signal.
- Search by signal name, reference designator and terminal.
- Highlight and query any design element.
- Conduct measurements between objects.
- Add, delete or move text comments.
- Multiple users can access and review the same design simultaneously.
System Requirements - Board Viewer 2014
||Vista Ultimate (32bit) SP2
Vista Ultimate (64bit) SP2
Vista Enterprise (32bit) SP2
Vista Enterprise (64bit) SP2
Vista Business (32bit) SP2
Vista Business (64bit) SP2
7 Ultimate (32bit) / 7 Ultimate (32bit) SP1
7 Ultimate (64bit) / 7 Ultimate (64bit) SP1
7 Enterprise (32bit) / 7 Enterprise (32bit) SP1
7 Enterprise (64bit) / 7 Enterprise (64bit) SP1
7 Professional (32bit) / 7 Professional (32bit) SP1
7 Professional (64bit) / 7 Professional (64bit) SP1
7 Home Premium (32bit) / 7 Home Premium (32bit) SP1
7 Home Premium (64bit) / 7 Home Premium (64bit) SP1
8.1 Pro (32bit)
8.1 Pro (64bit)
8.1 Enterprise (32bit)
8.1 Enterprise (64bit)
||2.0Ghz or faster
||1.0GB or higher
||39B free space or more
Supported revision of board data
(Board Viewer 2014.000-1)
Download Board Viewer
By downloading the software, you agree to the terms and conditions in the license agreement. (Available from the download website)
NOTE: After selecting the “Register” button, you will be transferred to the Zuken Global Support website. Once you have submitted the registration form, you will be able to download the software.