Managing Component Information
Zuken’s Component Master Module is a single source environment for all relevant component information within the engineering process.
The Component Master Module (CM) of the DS-2 PLMready solution is the main module for managing all "Component" information and lifecycle issues for all the electrical or electronic libraries and designs. It is the main interface to any neighboring IT system, that ensures an in depth and high quality material registration or update process is maintained.
Highlights of the Component Master Module:
- Defines component category based on design environment
- Supports temporary component registration
- Support s material and electrical characteristic information
- Performs auto-numbering of Item Number
- Manages component property based on component class
- Supports environmental properties
- Assigns alternative parts (second source parts)
- Defines associated parts information
- Provides full integration with CAD library
- Defines individual or global search condition
- Defines search condition based on component classification
- Provides hit list search support (across all classes / models)
- Configures individual views, all based on access permission
- Manages related component documents (specs, datasheets, etc.)
- Manages related 3D component representations (STEP, SAT, etc.)
Back to Top
Managing Obsolescence Situations
An effective system needs to take into account of shrinking product lifecycles, growing time-to-market pressure, the need for constant design and process changes to provide cost reduction and improved manufacturing efficiency. It also needs to be design-led, recognizing that 70%-80% of product costs are determined at the design phase. Integrating the whole system with CAD is vital, as is the ability to keep products and processes accurately documented.
The design phase is also critical in ensuring that product variants can be produced with minimal additional effort and that end products meet increasingly stringent environmental legislation. Potential problems of component obsolescence also have to be managed throughout the product lifecycle to ensure an adequate component supply at the lowest cost.
Back to Top
Managing multiple Locations / Sites
Today’s engineering operations are often scattered across different locations, and even countries or time zones. Whether you are managing one engineering location or a disparate international engineering organization Zuken’s DS2 solution offers powerful multi-location management capabilities, including the choice of independent or centralized user access control.
The Component Master (CM) allows you to synchronize material and sourcing master data between the shared teams across multiple locations with centralized management capabilities and provides combined reporting functionality. For companies with more complex data management processes that combine globalized and localized management of data, they can retain local control while enabling centralized reporting to take place. The Zuken Component Master (CM) can handle the above complexity at an unlimited number of local sites.
Back to Top