Component List Master
Managing Component Lists (BOMs, Parts lists)
The Component List Master Module within Zuken’s DS-2 PLMready solution is the main module to generate accurate component list that combine all the associated schematic and PCB data, wiring, wire harness, component information, documents and drawings, etc. All while supporting multiple locations, sites, and any variation and destination type. It unifies all component list information in one single source environment and provides controlled synchronization (4 Point Comparison - 4PC) to CAD data. The built-in change management process delivers a detailed description of each component list object change, highlighting issues such as obsolescence, alternative definitions, preferred parts definitions and second source definitions etc.
- Defines mandatory items of component list
- Retrieves component data directly from linked CAD files
- Selects components by rating information (PPL)
- Provides 4-Point comparison
- Unifies multi variation of a component to a single component list
- Delivers comparison with different component lists or earlier versions
- Offers alternative component selections with collaboration to the Component Master setting
- Creates ECN / ECR / ECO for all component list entity levels
- Searches through all property of the component list
- Outputs where-used information
- Illustrates individual views depending on the user access rights
- Allows filtering condition definition (environment, price, production status, etc.)
- Directly cross-probes to CAD
- Generates history information
- Effectively performs engineering change management of component lists
- Verifies manufacturing status before release to production
- Offers CSV import / export (for changed data etc.)
- Zuken’s proven repository technology provides significant benefits in today's constantly changing development and library environments by allowing technical independence.
- Standardized view of component lists for all involved component list disciplines
- Single Source Environment for component lists
- Engineering Change approach for component lists
- Support of component ranking and prioritization
- Preferred Parts List (PPL) approach (company, division, department / project)
- Standardized selection of components based on company / division rules
- Certified I/F to SAP
Back to Top
Component List Import & Export (BOMs, Parts lists)
In many cases many different component related disciplines are involved in dealing with Parts Lists. In most cases these disciplines are independent from each other using their own tool to maintain their individual component lists.
To ensure the synchronization between external disciplines and engineering Parts Lists, Zuken’s DS-2 PLMready solution provides a CSV import into the DS-2 system so that the user can read-in any external list and compare this against an existing engineering parts list. Or the other way around, provide any engineering Parts List as CSV export to any neighboring system.
Back to Top
Variation and Destination Management
A variation and destination approach generally involves multiple operations developing a product with several variants. These can be found in many industrial processes such as automotive body assembly, machining lines, progressive stamping and semiconductor manufacturing.
Variation management is the key discriminator between conventional engineering and product line engineering. In conventional engineering, variation management deals with product variation over time and is commonly known as configuration management. In product line engineering, variation management is multi-dimensional.
Zuken’s DS-2 PLMready solution is ideally positioned to help organizations get variation and destination management under control, while ensuring they continue to achieve the highest quality and reliability in engineering. The following graphics illustrates how Zuken addresses this complexity.
Back to Top