Solutions Architect / Applications Engineer, SOZO Center
Zuken seeks a Solutions Architect / Applications Engineer to support Zuken’s CR-8000 software suite.
As a member of the Zuken SOZO Center, you will provide application support for Zuken’s CR-8000 software suite, focusing on IC, advanced packaging and PCB co-design with an emphasis on high-speed design, simulation and analysis. You will be expected to configure and customize our software to support strategic business activities, prepare and deliver product presentations and demonstrations, and communicate requirements to development teams.
Provide support for Pre-Sales team or directly deliver software demonstrations and presentations
- Assist customers and prospects with software setup, evaluations and implementations
- Understand customer needs, fit software to specific requirements, and provide both onsite and offsite technical support
- Collaborate with R&D teams to communicate customer requirements
5+ years’ experience as an engineer in IC and/or of advanced packaging design, or as a field applications engineer or design engineer
- Understanding of advanced IC and IC packaging technologies, such as 2.5/3D IC and WLP is required
- Understanding of HW/PCB design process is a strong plus
- Programming skill in C++ is a strong plus
- Scripting skills, such as Tcl, Java-script are required
- Experience with implementation of high-speed interfaces, such as DDRx, PCIE, SerDes
- Experience with constraint management, topology development, 2D/ 3D field solvers, signal integrity, EMC, power integrity, SPICE and/or IBIS modeling are strong plusses for this position
- The successful candidate will be self-motivated, have outstanding communication skills, and the ability to manage multiple tasks effectively
- Must be capable of working in a team environment as well as individually and also possess strong customer relation skills
- Business travel requirements range between 40% - 60% of the employee’s time
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR.
Flexible: West Coast preferred, Southwest and Northwest region home office considered for suitable candidates
Zuken offers a competitive salary, bonus and benefits package.
How to apply
Please send resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
“Sozo” is a Japanese word meaning “create”. It is used in the name of Zuken’s R&D center in Silicon Valley to stress the core importance of this concept and our desire to help our partners create new and innovative products. Zuken’s first product – Create 2000, launched in 1978 – was Japan’s first full CAD/CAM system and the name continues to be used in its shortened form in the name of Zuken’s CR-5000 and CR-8000 electronic design software.